Student Host Program
The deadline to apply to be a student host for FNCE® 2017 has passed.
The Food & Nutrition Conference & Expo™ provides several networking events and educational sessions targeted to student members. To encourage student attendance, 150 student members from all states have the opportunity to serve as FNCE® Student Hosts.
All Student Hosts are required to register in advance of FNCE® at a substantially reduced rate of $25 in exchange for providing event assistance and seven to nine hours of volunteer service during the conference. Those who are denied as a Student Host will receive the early bird registration discount. If applicants do not meet all Student Host requirements, your application will automatically be denied. This policy was introduced in 2016 in order to ensure students complete all assignments.
Complete and submit the online application once the call for student hosts opens. Once the call is open, student members will have until August 18 to apply.
Approximately 150 Student Hosts will be randomly selected from all states.
To become a student host or receive early bird registration pending denial, applicants must meet ALL of the following criteria:
- Be enrolled full-time for the fall 2017 semester in an approved pre-professional curriculum or graduate program.
- Be a student member of the Academy in 2017-2018 (Membership will be verified by us during the first week of September after membership renewals).
- Be able to volunteer starting Thursday morning prior to FNCE® through the conclusion of FNCE® Tuesday afternoon (3:00 p.m. CST).
- Be located in one of the 50 U.S. states.
Do not register for FNCE® until you have received an acceptance or non-acceptance letter. The Academy does not cover travel, incidental, or lodging expenses.
Important Deadlines and Dates
|August 1||Call for 2017 FNCE® Student Hosts Opens|
|August 18||Deadline to Submit Student Host Applications|
|September 1||Email Notifications of Student Hosts Acceptance and Non-acceptance are Sent|
|October 21-24||2017 FNCE® – Chicago, IL|
At previous conferences, volunteer assignment consisted of but were not limited to:
- Registration – Assist in preparation of registration materials, including unpacking and stuffing of attendee registration bags (casual attire).
- Foundation Booth – Student will assist at the booth and Gala set up (business casual).
- House of Delegates – Students will act as scribes by taking notes of the table dialogues occurring at the Fall HOD Meeting (business casual).
- Mother’s Room – Volunteers are needed to welcome and greet moms (and babies), assign them to a private pumping/feeding location, and help with storage of pump and breast milk. Volunteers will also survey moms upon leaving to ensure that they had a positive experience (business casual).
Additional volunteer opportunities may also include – Assisting Academy staff in the Speaker Ready Room, Information Center, Bookstore or any assignments as needed (business casual).
For questions, contact Susan Baron at firstname.lastname@example.org.