FNCE Press Room Guidelines
Advance media registration for the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics 2017 Food & Nutrition Conference & Expo™ is now closed. Journalists may register on-site in the Press Room during hours of operation (see below). The Academy’s meeting will be October 21-24 at McCormick Place West in Chicago, Ill.
Complimentary press registration is limited. Journalists may register on-site in the Press Room during hours of operation (see below); however, due to the anticipated volume of attendees, we strongly encourage press to register in advance to ensure access.
*Both advance and on-site registrants must meet eligibility requirements and supply complete documentation to be considered.
Print and broadcast media must have circulation available through Cision. Publications not registered with Cision must submit BPA- or AAM-verified circulation. National media outlets and trade publications must have a circulation size of at least 100,000 to be eligible.
Digital media properties must receive no less than 100,000 average monthly sessions over the last 6 months (desktop + mobile) as verified via Google Analytics to be eligible for complimentary media registration. The Academy will verify these figures through SimilarWeb.
- In Google Analytics, go to the Audience tab and click “Overview.”
- Make sure your date range is set for six months (this is located in the upper right-hand corner of the page).
- Make sure your metrics are set to “Sessions.”
- In this graph area, in the upper right-hand corner of the graph, make sure the “month” tab is selected.
- Take a screenshot of this page. Be sure to include the date range, the graph and the session data information located below the graph.
- Next, under the “Audience Overview” section, click on the “Export” caret and choose “Excel (XLSX).”
- Send the screenshot and Excel document to email@example.com.
Please note: No more than two representatives from each approved media outlet may receive complimentary press credentials. Exceptions may include TV station camera crews. Please inquire directly by contacting the Academy’s Strategic Communications Team.
Current business card from an established publication containing your title and copy of the outlet masthead from an issue no older than 6 months identifying you as publisher (one per outlet).
- Reporter, editor, host, producer, photographer, camera crew
Current business card or press identification card; reporters and editors must also provide examples of clips bylined with your name or a link to bylined articles.
- Freelance writer
Original dated letter of assignment or letter of intent to represent outlet from managing editor and two samples of bylined articles published in the last six months.
The following individuals are not eligible for complimentary press credentials:
- Freelance writers who are not on a specific assignment
- Book authors
- Recipe developers
- Newsletter editors or writers
- All non-editorial personnel from journalistic organizations such as marketing, public relations or advertising/sales representatives
- Employees or representatives of marketing, advertising, financial analysis or public relations firms
- Writers creating analyses or reports sold as a commodity
Academy program content may not be used to develop continuing education materials without the express written consent of the Academy.
All requests for media credentials are subject to the approval of the Academy’s Strategic Communications Team. The Academy reserves the right to refuse credentials to any individual at its discretion.
All media video crews must be escorted through the Expo all and conference areas by a member of the Academy’s Strategic Communications Team. Visit the onsite Press Room to request an escort.
To foster a professional and respectful environment on the Expo floor and throughout the conference, we ask all journalists to please introduce themselves to and ask permission of exhibitors and attendees before photographing them or their booths.
Please do not take photographs during FNCE® educational sessions. The Academy hires a professional photographer to capture educational sessions; please inquire in the Press Room or email firstname.lastname@example.org for session photograph requests.
Complimentary media credentials, conference registration for the 2017 Food & Nutrition Conference & Expo™, and access to the Press Room are reserved for working members of the media who are employed by established news outlets and digital properties that meet industry criteria.
Press Room facilities include a media-only work area and computers with internet access. Wireless internet access is available throughout the building. Photocopying and shipping services are available through the convention center’s business center.
FNCE® press kits, programs, Academy press releases, samples of Academy publications, Media Guides and other Academy materials will also be available in the Press Room.
Room W-474 A
|Date||Time (All Times Central)|
|Saturday, October 21||9 a.m. to 4 p.m. (for registration and credential pick-up only)|
|Sunday, October 22||7:45 a.m. to 5 p.m.|
|Monday, October 23||7:45 a.m. to 5 p.m.|
|Tuesday, October 24||7:45 a.m. to noon|