Session Review and Notification
The Academy’s Committee for Lifelong Learning will review all proposals received before the November 15 deadline. The CLL will consider the educational value of each proposal and the extent to which it presents new and/or significant information to the dietetics profession. All proposals will be judged on their quality and individual merit.
Proposal reviews will be based on:
- Appropriateness of Topic
- Advanced Level of Content Science or Evidence-based
- Cutting-edge Information that has not been Previously Presented
- Comprehensiveness of Session Objectives
- Expertise of Proposed Speakers
- Speaker Selection Related to Experience and Topics
- Essential Practice Information
The Program Planner of each session will be notified of the proposal(s) acceptance or denial by March 1, 2017. All decisions are final. The Academy reserves the right to make recommendations and requirements for revisions of content within proposals prior to/or after acceptance. Generally, due to a high volume of submissions, only 30-40% of proposal are accepted.
Two separate accepted proposal notifications are sent out to include:
- Accepted proposals that require no modifications and can be developed “as is.”
- Accepted proposals that require modifications based on the discussions put forth by the Academy’s Committee for Lifelong Learning.