Student Host Program
Call for student host will open August 1
The Food & Nutrition Conference & Expo™ (FNCE®) provides several networking events and educational sessions targeted to student members. To encourage student attendance, approximately 150 student members from all states have the opportunity to serve as FNCE® Student Hosts.
All Student Hosts are required to register in advance of FNCE® at a substantially reduced rate of $35 in exchange for providing event assistance and seven to nine hours of volunteer service during the conference. Those who are denied as a Student Host will receive the early bird registration discount. If applicants do not meet all Student Host requirements, your application will automatically be denied. This policy was implemented in 2016 in order to ensure students complete all assignments.
- Complete and submit the online application per the “Apply Now” link located on the top of this page.
Please Note: The call for Student Hosts will not open until August 1.
- All applications must be submitted by August 17
Approximately 150 Student Hosts will be randomly selected from all states or internationally.
To become a student host or receive early bird registration pending denial, applicants must meet ALL of the following criteria:
- Be enrolled full-time for the fall 2019 semester in an approved pre-professional curriculum or graduate program.
- Be a student member of the Academy in 2019-2020 (Membership will be verified by us during the first week of September after membership renewals).
- Be able to volunteer starting Thursday morning prior to FNCE® through the conclusion of FNCE® Tuesday afternoon (4 p.m. Eastern time).
Do not register for FNCE® until you have received an acceptance or non-acceptance letter. The Academy does not cover travel, incidental, or lodging expenses.
Important Deadlines and Dates
|August 1||Call for 2019 FNCE® Student Hosts Opens|
|August 17||Deadline to Submit Student Host Applications|
|September 1||Email Notifications of Student Hosts Acceptance and Non-acceptance are Sent|
|October 26-29||2019 FNCE® – Pennsylvania, Pa.|
At previous conferences, Student Host volunteer assignment consisted of but were not limited to:
- Registration – Assisting in the preparation of registration materials or assisting with registration lines, including unpacking and stuffing of attendee registration badges (business casual attire).
- Foundation Booth – Assisting at the Foundation booth and Gala set up (business casual attire).
- House of Delegates – Students will act as scribes by taking notes of the table dialogues occurring at the Fall HOD Meeting (business casual attire).
- Mother’s Room – Students are needed to welcome and greet moms (and babies), assign them to a private pumping/feeding location, and help with storage of pump and breast milk. Students will also survey moms upon leaving to ensure that they had a positive experience (business casual attire).
- Additional volunteer opportunities may also include – Assisting Academy staff in the Speaker Ready Room, Information Center, Bookstore or any assignments as needed (business casual attire).
For questions, contact Susan Baron at email@example.com.