Diversity at End of Life: How Different Beliefs and Values Impact the Nutrition Plan
This session is approved by CDR for ethics credit.
• Identify the risks and benefits of nutrition support in palliative care and end of life scenarios
• Describe the impact of cultural values and religious beliefs on nutrition at the end of life
• Identify ways in which the registered dietitian nutritionist can become actively involved in patient/family discussions related to nutrition goals at the end of life
• 1.3 Recognizes and manages situations with ethical implications
• 1.7 Applies cultural competence and consideration for social determinants of health to show respect for individuals, groups and populations
• 4.2 Exercises critical thinking when faced with opportunities and challenges