Providing MNT for the Pediatric Type 1 Diabetes Population: What Does the Evidence Show?
• Describe and evaluate the current state of evidence and evidence-based recommendations for medical nutrition therapy in youth with type 1 diabetes
• Identify the limitations in the evidence supporting current recommendations for Medical Nutrition therapy in youth with type 1 diabetes
• Apply best available evidence on MNT and its effectiveness to guide shared decision making with patients and clients
• 1.1 Demonstrates and maintains competence in practice
• 8.1 Interprets and applies current food and nutrition science in nutrition and dietetics practice
• 10.3 Establishes and implements evidence-based nutrition interventions to address PES statements and client/patient goals