The Bigger Picture of Shortages in Nutrition Support: Implications for Clinical Practice
Planned with the Dietitians in Nutrition Support Dietetic Practice Group
• Discuss how nutrition support shortages threaten public health and safety, negatively affecting healthcare in the U.S.
• Identify the driving forces perpetuating shortages, as well as government and industry responses and efforts for amelioration
• Increase awareness of resources for management and enhance clinicians’ ability to provide the best nutrition care possible during shortages
• 4.1 Demonstrates sound professional judgment and strategic thinking in practice
• 4.2 Exercises critical thinking when faced with opportunities and challenges
• 10.3 Establishes and implements evidence-based nutrition interventions to address PES statements and client/patient goals