The Power of Language: Identifying and Eliminating Bias in Practice and Media
This sessions is approved for ethics credit by CDR.
• Identify common instances of bias, including weight bias, access to care, ableism, gender bias, and ageism, in order to improve and change the language used
• Demonstrate increased awareness of appropriate language to use with various patient populations
• Describe how to improve communication and counseling styles by implementing tools learned during the session
• 2.1 Adapts communication methods and skills to meet the needs of audiences
• 2.2 Demonstrates effective communication skills
• 9.6 Applies behavior theories in nutrition counseling