131. Overcoming Adversity: Forging your Own Path in Dietetics
In this second century of dietetics, nutrition professionals are motivated to enter into the world of entrepreneurship. But building a business is not as easy as it sounds! Our panel of expert speakers are entrepreneurs in diverse fields within dietetics. In this session, our panel will uncover the secrets to overcoming adversity and reaching your professional dreams. Each speaker will share their experiences, offering ‘tips and tricks’ of the trade to developing a business and forging your own path into a successful entrepreneurship. Participants will leave with knowledge on the areas of which dietitians can forge their own career path, the steps it takes to begin business development, and tools for maintaining a successful practice. Be ready to get inspired!
Planned with the Committee for Lifelong Learning
- Identify the key principles of entrepreneurship
- Determine the ingredients to success in business leadership and development
- Summarize the diverse facets of building a business in dietetics
Learning Need Codes:
- 7070 Entrepreneurship, private practice
- 1070 Leadership, critical and strategic thinking
- 1040 Cultural sensitivity
- 2.2.2 Considers and respects the opinions, creativity, values, beliefs and perspectives of others.
- 3.1.3 Takes initiative to facilitate change.
- 3.2.3 Pursues and embraces opportunities to advance practice.
Jessica Jones, MS, RD, CDE
Charmaine Jones, MS, RDN, LDN
Eric Meredith, MEd, MS, RDN, LDN, CHES, CPT
Health Heroes, Inc.
Basheerah Enahora, MBA, MS, RDN, LDN
Registered Dietitian and CEO
BE Nutrition LLC