154. PDP Essential Practice Competencies
The presentation will be on CDRs Essential Practice Competencies and PDP Process. There are roughly 2/5 of RDs and DTRs that have not transitioned into the Practice Competencies. This information is vital to their credential re certification. The former 5 Step PDP system was implemented in 2001, it has been 18 years since a system change. The presentation will explain the development of the Practice Competencies and explain the Goal Wizard tool.
Planned with the Commission on Dietetic Registration
- Describe practice competencies with regard to the upcoming revision of the Professional Development Portfolio (PDP) recertification process.
- Explain the relationship of practice competencies and performance indicators to CDR’s current PDP Goals and Learning Need Codes (LNCs).
- Illustrate how the newly developed Goal Wizard tool will enhance the PDP process.
Learning Need Codes:
- 1010 Career planning, Standards of Practice, Standards of Professional Performance, Scope of Dietetics Practice Framework
- 7180 Strategic planning
- 6020 Counseling, therapy, and facilitation skills