122. Clinical Applications of the Ketogenic Diet: A Panel Discussion
Tuesday, October 29
9:45 AM – 11:15 AM
Location: Terrace Ballroom I/II
Level 2- Intermediate
Course Tracks: Emerging Integrative Approaches for Nutrition and Dietetics PracticeMedical Nutrition Therapy
- Describe how signaling activities of ketone bodies regulate gene expression, inflammation, and metabolism in aging.
- Give an example of how ketone body biology may be therapeutically relevant to age-related diseases and conditions.
- Describe a method of delivering ketone bodies therapeutically outside of ketogenic diet in the context of aging
Learning Need Codes:
- 2070 Macronutrients: carbohydrate, fat,
protein, fiber, water
- 4190 Elderly nutrition
- 5100 Elderly
- 8.1.3 Integrates knowledge of macronutrients and micronutrients for absorption, digestion and metabolism throughout the life span in practice.
- 8.3.6 Keeps abreast of current nutrition and dietetics knowledge and trends.
Jessica Brown, RD, CSP, CNSC, CLEC
Eric Westman, MD, MHS
Assistant Professor of Pediatrics and Neurology/Clinical Dietitian
Matthew Taylor, PhD, RD
Kansas University Medical School