Disrupt, Innovate, and Create Value as an Intrapreneur
Registered dietitian nutritionists have the opportunity to position themselves as business leaders within their respective organizations and maximize their professional value by becoming ‘intrapreneurs’. Intrapreneurial RDNs drive innovation and sharpen their respective organizations’ competitive edge through disruptive thinking, strategic planning and problem solving. This session details the journey of two RDN intrapreneurs who asked: How can we do this better? What else can we be doing? What problems can we solve for our patients, clients, customers? and used their curiosity and drive to build and now lead new programs and businesses for their employers. These case studies reflect the unique opportunity RDNs have to explore new and unexpected directions for growth and create value and return on investment within their organizations.
- Identify ways to lead teams within an organization by creating a systems approach to business development: identifying customer/client/patient needs, securing resources and the right team members and performing industry analyses.
- Create business plans that articulate the value of the registered dietitian in the marketing, customer engagement, ROI and overall strategic growth of their respective work place.
- Describe the skill sets and emotional intelligence needed for being a purpose-driven leader in any workplace, from communications skills and problem-solving to self-confidence and self-advocacy, networking and endurance.
- 3.1.7 Participates in the development of the
organization’s strategic plan, mission and vision.
- 3.2.4 Encourages others to engage in personal and professional development activities for career growth and skill enhancement.
- 14.3.5 Identifies and anticipates risks related to the project and/or organization.
Marianne Smith Edge, MS, RDN, LD, FADA, FAND
The Agri-Nutrition Edge
Nikki Putnam Badding, MS, RDN, LD
Director of Human Nutrition Initiatives – Alltech, Inc.; Director – Acutia, Inc.
Alltech, Inc.; Acutia, Inc.
Rebecca Schlueter, RD, LD