Promoting the Collaboration Between Food Service and Clinical Nutrition: Stories of Success
Collaboration between clinical nutrition and patient dining services is key to successful patient and organizational outcomes. Whether clinical nutrition is structured within or outside the same department, such collaboration can be a challenge. We will highlight tools to build and sustain successful partnerships that have proven successful in many different settings. Learn the details of successful projects and outcomes from those who have recognized success in these efforts. Speakers will share effective strategies to apply in a variety of settings.
Planned with the Clinical Nutrition Management and the Management in Food and Nutrition Systems Dietetic Practice Groups.
- List common barriers between Dining Service and Clinical Nutrition
- Identify successful strategies for productive collaboration
- Describe tools for building partnership opportunities and successful outcomes
- 2.2.3 Identifies opportunities for shared benefit and/
- 3.1.2 Fosters a culture in which diversity and crossteam collaboration are valued.
- 4.2.8 Identifies and implements a plan to address
the problem, issue or challenge
Debby Kasper, RDN, LDN, SNS
Kelly Danis, RDN, LDN, FAND
Director of Clinical Nutrition
UPMC Presbyterian Shadyside
Shey Schnell, MHA, RDN
Regional Director, Performance Improvement
University of Vermont Halth Network
Patricia Oliver, MS, MBA, RDN
Director of Nutrition