Multi-System IDDSI Implementation: Keeping Education Hands-on in a Virtual World
In this session, learners will understand the project management methods utilized to implement the International Dysphagia Diet Standardisation Initiative (IDDSI) across a network of 130 hospitals in the United States. Panelists will discuss successes and challenges to implementation arising from a variety of hospital models which use different food service delivery processes. Effective leadership and communication strategies used across multidisciplinary champion teams will be discussed, as well as the framework implemented to educate these teams. Finally, learners will understand how to achieve hands-on education using a virtual training platform.
- Explain the steps used to implement IDDSI across a multi-hospital system with varied food service delivery models.
- Describe the importance of multidisciplinary collaboration and empowering diverse champion teams to achieve process change.
- Identify steps required to offer virtual hands-on clinical training.
- 14.3.2 Leads and/or participates in stakeholder analysis and collaboration in order to establish project objectives and goals.
- 3.1.2 Fosters a culture in which diversity and cross-team collaboration are valued.
- 9.3.2 Develops and/or selects a variety of learning activities based on a plan of action and outcomes, and the needs of the individual, group, community and population.
Rebecca Burcaw, RD, LD
Director Food and Nutrition, Select Medical Specialty Hospitals
Carol Gorbach-Melchioris, MED, RDN, LD, CNSC
Manager Food and Nutrition
AMY RYAN, MS/CCC-SLP
REGIONAL REHAB THERAPY MANAGER-SPEECH LANGUAG EPATHOLOGY
SSM-SELECT ST. LOUIS, LLC
Mary Stoffiere, MA, CCC-SLP
Regional Director of Rehabilitation, IP Division