Are You Ready for the Future? Artificial Intelligence Is Coming Your Way
In this lively discussion, three expert panelists will answer questions and engage in conversation about how AI is impacting their area of practice: wearables for research and wellness, research and applications to predict the most effective diet using the gut microbiome, and AI application in the food supply chain. You will learn where AI may go in the future, and how dietetics professionals can ready themselves for the changes.
Planned with the Committee for Lifelong Learning
- Identify how AI is currently being used in research, wellness, clinical applications, and the food supply chain.
- Describe future applications of AI in the field of nutrition and dietetics and how they may impact future practice.
- Determine actions to take in order to attain knowledge, build skills, and prepare for the future applications of AI in the profession.
- 3.1.1 Identifies strengths and opportunities for self -improvement and improvement in others.
- 4.2.6 Analyzes and synthesizes information and identifies new information, patterns and findings.
- 5.2.1 Integrates technology platforms with other internal and external services (e.g., risk management, disease management, data tracking and reporting).
Mary Beth Kavanagh, MS, RDN, LD/N, FAND
Program Coordinator, BSDN Program
Christine Manta, MS, RD
Head of Applied Sciences
Hannah Holscher, PhD, RD
Associate Professor of Nutrition
University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign