Negotiation Success: Build Relationships, Influence Decisions, and Advance Your Career
Negotiation isn’t just about earning the salary that you want. It’s also about influencing decisions and growing relationships together. Negotiation skills are critical to finding employment, pursuing a promotion, striving for a raise in salary, or influencing colleagues or consumers to achieve new goals. But they can also help you position yourself as a vital member of a team. According to a recent survey* of members of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics, negotiation skills are among the most challenging leadership skills to develop – and about 40% of respondents indicated that increased negotiation skills could empower them to obtain more significant leadership roles. With guest experts Dr. Alison Fragale, Dr. Cindy Hasseberg, and Elizabeth Abbay discussing their strategies and stories of negotiation, this candid panel discussion is one that nutrition professionals can’t afford to miss!
* Survey completed by members of the 2020-2021 Academy Leadership Institute
Planned with the Dietitians in Business and Communications Dietetic Practice Group
- Create a plan for implementing critical negotiation tactics
- Compare the experiences of negotiation and influence through the storytelling of three leaders
- Distinguish important characteristics of the Academy’s Compensation and Benefits Survey and describe how to leverage the survey to gain salary advancement
- 1.5.4 Effectively manages changes professional interactions in order to maintain professional boundaries.
- 2.3.1 Identifies needs for and negotiates common ground with clients, inter- and intra-professional team members, and other
- 2.4.1 Applies inter- and intra-professional collaboration and negotiation skills.
Director of Nutrition Services
Nature’s One, Inc.