Insurance: A Winning Strategy for Health Care Organizations
You can improve your financial health and the health of patients by accepting and understanding insurance. Whether you are a registered dietitian nutritionist in a small rural private practice or a clinical nutrition manager at a large university hospital, insurance can be a powerful tool. This presentation will examine the contemporary issues RDNs experience with health insurance. It will also provide participants with a clear, actionable plan for RDNs to be agents of change. Health insurance expertise among RDNs can improve health equity and ensure the success of all types of healthcare organizations.
- Evaluate how contemporary issues can positively impact insurance-based dietitians and their respective organizations
- Identify the vast opportunities organizations have to provide equitable access for medical nutrition therapy by increasing insurance enrollment of their RDNs
- Design insurance-based business models that create multi-streams of revenue for any type of healthcare organization
- 1.1.2 Pursues and embraces opportunities to advance practice.
- 3.2.8 Challenges, encourages and supports others to take action to advance the profession.
- 3.3.5 Advocates for financial support and insurance coverage for patients / clients to ensure access to nutrition services.