The Simple Formula for Effective Communication
Learn the formula to create compelling key messages that serve your clients and community. Effective messaging is a critical skill used from media interviews to meeting rooms, patient rounds to patient rooms, and all settings in between. By following a simple formula, you can create bite-sized summations that articulate what you do, why you do it, how you are different, and what value you bring. It’s a process that can be used to develop key messages for media interviews, social media and written communication, presentations and meetings, patient education, and peer-to-peer communication as well. This session, led by two Academy Spokespeople, will use a variety of methods – including skits, improv, and audience participation – for optimal engagement. Audience members will leave with the formula for constructing key messages and will create several personalized messages that effectively say what one’s target audience must hear.
- Explain why all nutrition professionals should engage in messaging accurate, credible, and timely food and nutrition information to various audiences
- Describe the formula for creating key messages and ways to make your messaging memorable and meaningful
- Create three motivating and memorable messages that are ready for the media, a patient, or audience of choice
- 2.1.3 Tailors messages and communication methods to meet the needs of target audiences.
- 2.2.3 Delivers accurate and credible messaging
- 2.1.5 Evaluates the effectiveness of communication methods used to ensure understanding of presented information.
Registered Dietitian II
Cincinnati Children’s Hospital Medical Center