Nutrition and Mind-Body Medicine Strategies to Improve Fertility Outcomes in Women
A growing body of evidence suggests nutrition and lifestyle factors play an important role for individuals and couples experiencing infertility. This session will review key nutrition and lifestyle behaviors that can impact fertility and how to integrate medical nutrition therapy into fertility treatment to support successful pregnancy outcomes. Speakers will then take a deep dive into the impact of stress on fertility and explore mind-body medicine approaches being incorporated into fertility treatment practices. Nutrition professionals will leave the session with a clear understanding of how to provide a holistic, evidence-based approach to optimize fertility for conception and pregnancy.
Planned with the Academy’s Committee for Lifelong Learning
- Describe the synergy between diet and lifestyle approaches that impact fertility in women.
- Identify key nutrients that impact fertility and how to integrate medical nutrition therapy into fertility treatment to enhance pregnancy outcomes.
- Discuss the evidence to support mind-body medicine practices that can counter the negative impact that stress can have on reproductive function.
- 4.1.5 Demonstrates effective, appropriate and timely consultation with experts and others.
- 8.2.4 Integrates new knowledge of disease states and clinical conditions into practice.
- 10.2.1 Gathers and evaluates information related to behaviors, beliefs, knowledge, and client/patient attitudes that influence nutrition and health.
Associate Professor; Faculty Co-Lead – Jack, Joseph, and Morton Mandel Wellness and Preventive Care Pathway
Case Western Reserve University, School of Medicine