Extra Credentials: What’s in it for Me?
Whether you are a new dietitian or a seasoned professional, you’d like to be as marketable as possible and strive to advance in your career. Obtaining extra credentials is an option available to dietetics professionals for both skill and career advancement. What credentials should you pursue? Will extra credentials help you earn more money? Can credentials set you apart from others? These are some of the questions this session will answer. Join a panel of RDNs who will share their career experiences and discuss how extra credentials made a positive impact. Data from the Academy and the Commission on Dietetic Registration will also be shared to establish a basis for the pursuit of credentials. Participants will feel inspired and better equipped to evaluate the benefit of extra credentials in their career path.
Planned with the Academy’s Committee for Lifelong Learning
- Interpret data from the 2021 Academy’s Compensation and Benefits Survey, and credential statistics from CDR to evaluate the benefit of obtaining extra credentials
- Examine certifications that align with nutrition and dietetics to pursue those which support personal career goals
- Utilize others’ career stories to leverage advanced credentials for greater marketability and earning potential
- 4.2.1 Identifies potential or existing opportunities and challenges.
- 4.2.7 Identifies and implements a plan to address opportunities and challenges.
- 3.2.4 Encourages others to engage in personal and professional development activities for career growth and skill enhancement.
University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences
Vice President, Real Estate and Special programs
The Brooklyn Hospital Center
Director, Talent Acquisition
Compass Group, USA
Clinical Dietitian Lead
Nemours Children’s Health