Advancing Malnutrition Quality Improvement and Health Equity: Opportunities to Lead Change
This session will discuss the critical role that addressing malnutrition plays in advancing health equity within health systems and the community. Presenters will discuss the leadership role of dietetics practitioners in advancing malnutrition quality improvement to impact health outcomes and social determinants of health. The session will also highlight how the new Global Malnutrition Composite Score (GMCS) measure can support health institution goals to address health disparities.
Planned with Academy Premier Sponsor, Abbott
*This session is open to all attendees. No advanced registration required.
- Identify the role of malnutrition and quality care in health policy strategies for the advancement of health equity within healthcare and community settings.
- Describe the impact of nutrition quality measures within health systems seeking to improve health outcomes and address social determinants of health.
- Establish how the Global Malnutrition Composite Score (GMCS) measure can help RDN leaders to integrate quality improvement into nutrition care and assist in addressing health disparities and equity.
- 4.2.6 Integrates relevant information with previous learning, experience, professional knowledge, and current practice models.
- 8.2.3 Analyzes new information and how it impacts medical nutrition therapy.
- 12.2.3 Identifies individual, organization and government roles and responsibilities within public health and health care systems.
National Director, Clinical Support