467. Transforming Daily Clinical Practice into Useful Data
This session encourages health professionals to engage in nutrition research by offering guidance on how to identify a research question and develop a research project. These presentations will inspire clinicians and researchers to design their research projects methodically to maximize research integrity and outcome measures.
Planned with Dietitians in Nutrition Support DPG
Award Presentation: Excellence in Practice – Dietetic Research Award
Hollie A. Raynor, PhD, RDN, LDN
- Develop a research question and determine appropriate measurements to assess outcomes.
- Describe the process for developing a feasible research project.
- Identify research questions based on clinical practice observations.
Learning Need Codes:
- 9010 – Data analysis, statistics
- 9060 – Research development, design
- 9040 – Proposal development, grant applications
- 6.3.1 Uses established benchmarking and best practices to inform practice.
- 6.3.3 Obtains approval for research initiatives and follows established research code of ethics and policies.
- 6.3.4 Defines and establishes appropriate measurements and evaluations.
Jane Ziegler, PhD, RDN
Associate Professor and Program Director
Gail Cresci, PhD, RD, LD, CNSC
Staff and Nutrition Thread Leader
Cleveland Clinic, Pediatric Institute & Lerner Research Institute Cleveland Clinic Lerner College of Medicine
Sharon Foley, PhD, RDN