115. Opening Session: Transparency Revolution: The Future of Healthcare
What will healthcare look like in 10 years? How can I prepare for the new healthcare landscape? What are the best and worst aspects of the future health system?
Using entertaining stories, Dr. Makary advocates for non-partisan, common-sense ways to address these questions. He correlates the history of American medicine with its modern day conundrums. Healthcare is complex and its problems can be difficult to solve. Dr. Makary uses first-hand stories to illustrate the decisions that await policy makers and patients. He reviews the resultant scenarios and explains how consumers can prepare for upcoming changes to healthcare. He highlights both the exciting positive changes in healthcare as well and concerning trends.
Learning Need Codes:
- 4040: Disease prevention
- 1070: Leadership, critical and strategic thinking
- 1080 Legislation, public policy
- 12.1.3 Collaborates with community partners and stakeholders in promoting nutritional health and disease prevention.
- 5.2.5 Instructs or advises others on the use of clinical information systems, nutrition informatics tools and other technology topics.
Terri Raymond, MA, RDN, CDN, FAND
Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics
Marty Makary, MD
Surgeon, best-selling author and health care futurist