116. Member Showcase: Wolfpack: Leading to Win
A leader on and off the field, Abby Wambach’s life after professional soccer has not always been a smooth path. By embracing the lessons she learned through her unmatched career, and the challenges she’s faced since leaving professional soccer, Abby’s passion and perseverance have served as a model for others.
An activist and advocate in the fight for equality and inclusion for causes and people across the globe, Abby talks about issues ranging from closing the gender pay gap, to using her voice as an advocate for the LGBT community. Her messages to audiences about leading by example are enhanced by her optimism and fearless nature.
Learning Need Codes:
- 1070 Leadership, critical and strategic thinking
- 7090 Human resources management,
- 1110 Risk taking
- 3.1.2 Fosters a culture in which diversity and cross-team collaboration are valued.
- 3.1.3 Takes initiative to facilitate change.
Terri Raymond, MA, RDN, CDN, FAND
Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics
Author, leader and activist for equality